Personal care services in the comfort of your own home
Personal care services can make a real difference to your well-being and quality of life. However, we understand that many people feel anxious or uncomfortable at the thought of allowing a carer to help them with personal care. So our care workers pay as much attention to creating a calm, friendly and respectful atmosphere as they do to the quality of the care itself.
Our care workers are discrete, kind and courteous and provide a full range of personal care services with the utmost regard for your dignity and your individual preferences. You are supported in the way you would like and are encouraged to make your own choices and participate in your care as much or as little as you feel able on any given day.
The following personal care support options can be provided by either our day-time or night-time care workers (see below for details of our night care support). If anything isn’t mentioned in the list, just ask as we will always try to help wherever we can.
We can assist you with:
- Bathing and showering.
- Washing and drying your hair.
- Skin care, including applying creams and lotions.
- Managing continence; using the toilet or commode.
- Changing a catheter or stoma bag.
- Moving around your home, including use of hoist
- Brushing your teeth or caring for dentures.
- Getting into and out of bed.
- Dressing in the morning and getting into your pyjamas at night.
- Changing position in bed at night.
- Mealtime support.
- Ordering or administering medication; medication reminders.
- Managing hearing aids, spectacles, artificial limbs and leg calipers.
- Care of pressure areas and assistance to aid sore prevention.
Waking night support and sleep-in support
Sometimes you might find that you need somebody around overnight. This may be because you need practical help, such as support to use the toilet or change position, or because you or your family simply want the reassurance of knowing that you’re not alone at night. Whatever your requirements, our waking night support and sleep-in options provide the peace of mind that comes from knowing there’s somebody available if and when you need them.
If you tend to wake regularly at night or need a lot of support during the night, our waking night support is an excellent option for you. The carer remains awake throughout the night and can provide a full range of personal care services (see list above) both at prior agreed times or as and when necessary.
If you generally sleep well but just want the reassurance of having somebody there, our sleep-in support may be sufficient. Sleep-in support means that a care worker sleeps at your home but is available for those rare occasions when you wake and need some assistance.
Contact us to find out more about our personal care services and night support.