Social activities: enjoying life to the full
We all benefit from getting out and about, meeting new people or simply being part of the general comings and goings of community life. Social activities are fun and rewarding and contribute enormously to our quality-of-life. Having something to look forward to and talk about is also good for our emotional well-being.
That’s why we are here to provide all the support necessary to enable you to enjoy a range of social activities and make the most of life. Some of the ways we can assist you with social activities include:
- Help with planning outings .
- Providing transport to attend classes, events and social clubs.
- Support to make use of community facilities such as cinema, theatre, pub, café, library, place of worship, hairdresser, restaurants.
- Companionship to attend a football or cricket match.
- Accompanying you to see family and friends.
- Practice in using public transport.
And please don’t feel limited by our ideas! We’d love to help you carry out your own ideas too.
Bringing the community to you
Your social life doesn’t need to stop if you find it too demanding to get out and about as much as you would like. We can simply bring the community to you! We can help you to arrange to receive visitors at your home and can even help you prepare tea and sandwiches for your guests if you would like. We can order a takeaway for you if you have a favourite restaurant, arrange for a mobile hairdresser to visit you or we can join you for a game of cards or an afternoon of painting. We are creative and flexible in our approach and will do whatever we can to make things happen for you.
We have seen many people grow in confidence and enjoy a greater sense of well-being as a result of being more socially active. Contact us and tell us how we can help you.